Why is this blog's picture important?

>> Tuesday, August 19, 2008



When I was backpacking in La Paz, Bolivia I walked across this ''military zone''. There were no warning signs indicating that pictures were not allowed, but unlike other countries, taking pictures of military buildings is prohibited. When I saw this building (left pic), I knew I had to take a picture of it. Why? as you may know, Bolivia is a landlocked country, but they still have a navy ! I couldn't understand why such a poor country like this would want to waste money in things like this, but then I did, and it has a name: Lake Titicaca... Anyways, when I was about to take a second picture a soldier approached me and told me that if I did so, my camera would be taken away... what they didn't know is that I had already taken one! After this, I went to downtown La Paz, and saw some guys coming out of a prisoners' bus and going into a prison, I took a picture (right pic), and when I was about to take a second one... an undercover cop came and stopped me... there is no freedom of the press in this country... take that into account if you ever visit it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2010

Back to TOP